Thursday, April 28, 2011

A little this, A little that!

Taken a little while ago, but this is all this site is about: getting to laugh, getting to where you know what you believe in, advocating for your rights to be/live/eat what you believe in.


There is no judgement here: either you like you, peccadillo's and all, or you don't with all the range in between. I will be posting what I've found; public media stuff as well, because like it or not we are public media inundated. I will let you know what I believe in, you don't have to agree, but if someone comments here, no flaming is allowed of what they believe, as long as they state it is THEIR truth and not trying to push anything on anyone (I am very opposed to that), there is room enough for everyone to speak. SO BE IT! (To quote a damn good movie!)

I want to hear your truths, what you find good in your life and the bad. Why? Because this big blue marble that we live in is full of all of us, living our lives, trying to do what's 'right' and being good people, right? Knowing you are not alone is part of this business of living.

I will post some personal stuff, it's impossible not to. Things piss me off that I feel need to be aired, that many think but few will put their John Doe on, simply because of being concerned about what other's think, their bosses think, or if they are in business for themselves, what their industry will say; I did that. I am done.

So let's dish, let's talk good stuff, let's talk food, let's talk politics and religion (mommy said it wasn't nice; I stopped being nice). Let's talk about what works towards being real with yourself, let's talk about what doesn't.  This ain't Oprah, it's not always going to be touchy feely nice, but it will be real.

Some FAQ's:
1. What do you believe in?   I believe in the freedom of speech. I believe in the right for every person to be treated as a human being, without harm. I believe in God/dess as I have come to understand from almost dying under a solid concrete dock, I don't need any help in understand that one! God/dess in my OBE was genderless, energy without form or boundries, that was me; and I it. Enough said, but I will discuss it from time to time.

2. Are you realized? (read Enlightened), I had a week that I experience total and complete bliss without end, and life returned. It's good enough for me. I learned and believe "that if you are still here on Earth, you're not done".

3. Well, do you believe in Jesus/Buddha (name your teacher): at age 6 I understood that Jesus/Buddha/etc were all the same. It was a level of enlightenment they understood, no one is a saviour; we all need teachers, even Jesus.

4. Are you married to the man in the picture? Nope that was a client at a fair, when we worked and before we became retired.  Nice guy, but not my husband. I have plenty to say about what we did for work, so if you're curious, stay tuned!

5. If you are so (fill in the blank) why are you fat? I am fat because my ancestors from Norway/Sweden/Germany were. I like food, food likes me. I stopped fighting it, but I haven't stopped watching the food wars. I try to eat as healthy as I can, and also understand Clime's Rule (northern climate far from the equator= short fat people, because it couldn't be refuted, it is called a rule). PS I was brought up by my wonderful mother, who was a cook by scratch lady, I will include food as comment and ideas in here; that's part of socializing.

6. Am I always happy? No. But I get on.

7. Are you in perfect Health? (or why are there days you can't write?) I have cerebral palsy, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and quite a bit of ABC's. I came into the world with this, trying to fight it is nuts. Working with it and finding a balance, works. This includes a diet that actually does work, herbs/supplements that keep me vertical (and sometimes horizontal). I will talk about this for all those of you fighting CFS/ME, Fibro, and insomnia. I don't have all the answers, but that's what this is for, right? a think tank where we can discuss what works!

I will actually take your posts and make full entries out of them, discussing what you have found, what works, what doesn't, what makes you happy, what pisses you off...why? because while facebook is fun, it limits the discussion with a whole hosts of comments, not entries. Ning is fine if you want to pay out Gazillion dollars to keep it up. So this is free, I want it interactive (If I find I am just shouting in the wind, I will close it down), and I want it controversial.  Talk about what's real in your life: including death.

Be not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment